The Homeless Data Integration System (HDIS) is a technology solution that allows the State of California to access and compile standardized homelessness data collected by individual Continuums of Care (CoC’s) in order to make data-driven policy decisions aimed at preventing and ending homelessness in California.
HDIS will pull the client data required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) from each CoC’s Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) into a de-identified database of homeless client service activity. It is envisioned that HDIS will also pull client data from state systems to provide a more holistic picture of state and locally provided services.
HDIS will be a rich repository of data that can be used to give policy makers, service providers, and funders a better understanding of homelessness in California. Analysis of statewide data will allow for improved planning and resource allocation, enabling state and local providers to more effectively address the needs of individuals and families that are at-risk of or currently experiencing homelessness.
HDIS will allow the State to access more accurate and timely information about homelessness in California, including:
- Obtaining more accurate counts of the number of people in California who have experienced homelessness.
- Understanding the occurrence and duration of homelessness across the state.
- Identifying effective interventions and sharing promising practices across CoC’s.
- Providing information about how people move across CoC’s to inform cross-jurisdictional approaches to addressing homelessness.
- Identifying patterns of service usage and looking for gaps in services, including investigating how people experiencing homelessness are connected to other state-funded services.
HDIS will be administered by the Homeless Coordinating and Finance Council, which is housed within the Business, Consumer Services, and Housing Agency.
HDIS Procurement Solicitation Request
For more information about HDIS, please contact Jill Leufgen at email@example.com.